NAPA Private Fleet – CDL-A Regional Driver, Cedar Rapids, Home Daily
RMDS – A Genuine Parts Company (GPC), a Fortune 200 company, is currently seeking professional Class A CDL Tractor Trailer Drivers. We operate as a private truck fleet with late model tractors and equipment. We have terminals in GA, IN, MD, and TN.
RMDS is part of Genuine Parts Company, a highly successful, diversified Fortune 200 company and the worldwide leader in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts, office products, and electrical/electronic materials. Fortune Magazine ranked GPC as 6th on the list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” in 2017.
RMDS is currently seeking professional Class A CDL tractor trailer drivers.
We offer competitive pay that includes:
- 4 increases within the 1st two years of employment
- Quarterly Safety Bonus
- Actual Hub miles
- Stop and drop
- Working and detention
- Breakdown pay and more
On average, our regional driver’s salary in their 1st year is $55,000 – $60,000.
Company Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance for employee
- Company match 401K after 90 days of employment
- 8 Paid Holidays plus vacation and personal days
- Company paid short-term and long term disability
- And more!
The primary function of the Dedicated Regional Driver is to operate various tractor-trailer combinations between company/customer facilities, terminals, yards or work sites in order to pick up, transport and deliver freight in a safe, timely and efficient manner. As part of this function, Dedicated Regional Drivers drop, hook, spot or otherwise interchange equipment for loading or unloading at various locations under varied conditions. Dedicated Regional Drivers are subject to the Hours of Service Regulations of the United States Department of Transportation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state, and local regulations for the secure and safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle (CMV)
- Understands and carries out instructions given orally and in writing, including those on manifests, bills of lading and other shipping documents to determine the location and time of delivery
- Safely operate tractor trailer equipment in different configurations as assigned, with varying weights as allowed by law, under all types of climatic conditions, terrain, road conditions and traffic situations, in urban and rural settings, for extended periods of time, over long distances, either direct or by way of other intermediate points, in accordance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as company policy
- Frequently communicates with Dispatch/Operations, in person or by way of QualComm, or telephone, in order to advise of movements, problems with equipment, cargo, delays, etc.
- 2 years CDL experience
- Haz-Mat Certification
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons