The Manager – Financial Planning & Analysis – Conveyance Solutions’ principal responsibilities are to partner with, and support, Conveyance Group Executive Leadership by providing proactive, thought-provoking, value-adding insight into Group financial performance; and contribute world class financial leadership and resources to drive the achievement of both Motion Industries and Conveyance Group goals. The Manager – Financial Planning & Analysis – Conveyance Solutions’ will identify opportunities and drive decision-making by collecting, managing, analyzing, and disseminating financial information and analyses. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Mentors, coaches, and evaluates Conveyance Solutions FP&A team.
- Establishes strong partnerships with Group Executive and Divisional leadership.
- Develops and maintains metric-driven financial and operational analysis. Supports improvement of Group’s financial performance through insightful analysis of monthly and quarter profit & loss statements.
- Challenges status quo and be an agent for change within Finance and Conveyance Solutions operations.
- Supports development of an operational budgeting process and on-going tracking to actual. Provides fact-based cost analysis, including standard cost analysis, fixed/variable cost analysis, and ad-hoc variance analysis.
- Drives, projects, manages, and documents the development of standard costing methods Supports selection, implementation, and integration of common ERP across all Conveyance Solutions operations. Develops benchmarking analysis against industry peers and provides insights for improvement opportunities.
- Partners with Corporate Finance departmental leaders in developing and/or improving accounting processes & documentation, recommending changes that lead to the adoption of world class processes.
- Supports Acquisition Integration team with the analysis and onboarding of Conveyance Solutions’ acquisitions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management or similar and five (5) or more years of managerial finance
and/or financial reporting experience or the equivalent combination. Typically requires two (2) or more years of experience managing people.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Professional, executive presence with excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with management at corporate and field levels.
- Strong negotiation and partnership skills, across all levels of management, with ability to influence and challenge decisions and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing standard costing and variances.
- Self-motivated and able to independently manage multiple complex projects and responsibilities concurrently.
- Forward-thinking in implementing tools and techniques to improve analytics, driving better business decisions. Knowledge of financial analytic tools, preferably QLIK.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose positive business solutions to problems.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to collaborate with a team, managing the team dynamics and relationships.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
- Ability to manage data between multiple systems.
- Experience managing multiple ERP systems consolidated into one financial reporting platform as well as experience with flowchart software and policy documentation.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.