Motion Industries’ Service Technicians provide the highest levels of mechanical service and product repair to meet the needs of our customers. Whether repairing and installing conveyor belts or repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment, we cater to the needs of our customers to keep their industry in motion. Motion offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
This position is based in Westland, MI.
- Install, splice, and repair conveyor belts at the customers’ locations
- Repair or replace motors, bearings, pulleys, and other related items
- Use welding, schematic reading, tube bending, repair shop experience, and field service experience to make accurate and timely repairs
- Experienced in conveyor belt splicing, repair, installation, and mechanical repair
- High mechanical intelligence
- Welding experience
- Machinist experience
- Experience in Industrial Maintenance required
- Repair Shop and Field Service experience
- Ability to work overtime and weekends
- Valid Driver’s License is required
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.