The OEM Solutions Division is in search of an experienced Technical Marketing Manager (TMM) who will report directly to the VP of Operations. The TMM will be responsible for development and management of the company’s technical marketing initiatives, executing effective marketing strategies, supporting campaign development, analyzing the effectiveness of each campaign, and developing our lead generation programs and target lists.
Focusing on the specifications and product features, the TMM will be expected to convey technical information in a tailored fashion to Inside and Outside Sales, trade publications, newsletters, and other audiences.
In addition, the TMM will be responsible for providing technical content for the group websites, product presentations, whitepapers, technical briefs, videos, promotional literature and other tools to enable sales and marketing teams to promote the company’s products effectively.
The TMM should possess mechanical aptitude and strong technical skills, communication skills, public speaking, and demonstrate excellent ability to communicate complex ideas.
The TMM will also be required to complete a number of administrative tasks within the Technical Marketing scope as part of their daily activities.
- Develop marketing strategies for specific product groups, including company website and social media. Work closely with Engineering and Sales team on program development and implementation.
- Coordinate digital marketing and PR/advertising campaigns with outside vendors.
- Manage website. Review analytics monthly and direct Sales force accordingly.
- Conduct market research, based on a variety of criteria, in order to develop customer target lists for Outside Sales. Establish and maintain a database to monitor activities and follow up. Use company CRM as required.
- Analyze competitor’s products and market position.
- Create and execute lead generation programs. Distribute and track leads from the company website.
- Create, update, and maintain technical content for such things as website, training programs, product literature, technical information sheets, white papers, etc.
- Create and disseminate internal technical bulletins in order to increase the knowledge of the sales force. Write technical articles for publication.
- Ensure marketing materials and content undergo regular review and adhere to company and brand guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of mechanical design and development processes, industrial automation, and manufacturing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented with analytical and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work in fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Highly proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in Solid Works is a plus.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and web analysis tools is a plus.
- Travel is required, some overseas.
- Must meet ITAR definition of US persons.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or technical discipline.
- Ten years or more of industrial or technical sales experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.