At Motion Industries, Material Handlers are responsible for shipping, receiving, and processing orders for the Distribution Centers, they ensure customers receive the correct products on time. Motion offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Utilizes Warehouse Management System (WMS) to receive and process products for placement into Distribution Center (DC) inventory or for shipment of cross dock items
- Utilizes Company Operating System (COS) and WMS to process orders to be shipped to Branch, Customer, or DC
- Verifies Branch or DC order (correct product, quality, and quantity), and places product into appropriate shipping container for shipment to Branch, Customer, or DC
- Prepares packing slips, shipping labels, bills of lading, and other required documents as needed
- Ensures warehouse work areas and equipment are clean, orderly, and properly maintained
- Replenishes primary stock shelves from reserve stock locations as needed
- Interacts with external couriers and truck drivers to ensure product is efficiently transferred to and from shipping vehicles
- Reliable, organized, attentive to detail, and committed to high quality work productivity
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, talk, hear, and lift occasionally sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, or crawl
- Basic computer skills, including information processing required
- May need to be certified to operate a forklift and/or other mobile equipment
- May need to be certified to handle hazardous material shipments
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds, with assistance as necessary
- May need valid driver’s license
- High School diploma or equivalent
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.