Under general supervision, the Customer Service Representative II ensures customer expectations are accurately determined and are fully met. The Customer Service Representative II may provide guidance to less experienced Customer Service Representatives or may support specific customer(s).
This position is for the Houston of DFW area. The ideal candidate would be located in one of the following areas, no relocation required.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding products, provides quotes, and handles order entry. Due to experience & training, may handle more challenging inquires.
- Places customer orders via telephone, fax, email, electronic methods, or walk in (counter sales).
- Influences Motion Industries’ gross profit through negotiating the sale price and purchase price, within certain parameters.
- May adjust non-contract customer pricing to meet the demands of the customer based on competition, while maximizing the profit for Motion Industries.
- Builds customer relationships to drive repeat business by relating to the customer and drive process improvements.
- Orders items to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained for customers.
- May place orders without approval for orders up to $5,000 per line and $10,000 per purchase order.
- Expedites backorders. May pull inventory and prepare order for shipment to customer.
- Responsible for sourcing products in branch inventory, distribution center inventory or supplier inventory.
- Determines the most cost-effective shipping method for customer orders.
- May handle customer returns.
- May support specific customer(s).
- Assists less experienced Customer Service Representatives with addressing customer needs, including locating items and resolving problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typically requires a high school diploma or GED and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
Bilingual Spanish and English preferred but not required.
No Supervisory Responsibility
- Reliability, organization, and attention to detail required.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and listening.
- Ability to multi-task and time management skills required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Basic product knowledge.
This job description illustrates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Management retains the right to add or modify duties at any time.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.