$15.00 M-F 630a-3p
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Must be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing product numbers and line codes to insure proper retrieval of products for shipment, including identifying sequence of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
- Pull all orders for the customer according to the prescribed picking quota as set by management.
- Pull means – to go to the shelf where the product is located identify the proper product and quantity, pull the product, and transport the product to the checking station.
- Basic navigation on the computer is required.
- Adhere to all Safety Zone Warehouse policies, as defined during orientation and training period.
- Ship items using Safety Zone software and/or Fedex/UPS shipping software.
- Accuracy in repetitive routine is very important while maintaining good speed.
- Follow and adhere to all safety rules including the handling of hazardous materials.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide using calculator.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the environment can be loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand walk use hands and fingers to handle, or feel reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Occasional use of a forklift – Certification is also required training may be provided after employment.
- The employee is frequently required to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to move heavy product in excess of 1,000 pounds with moving aids designed to move such items including hand trucks, dollies, motorized cart, pallet jacks, etc.Competencies:
- Effectively Follow Instructions
- Productivity Reliable
- Teamwork Work
- Environment/SafetySpecific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.