Motion Industries is seeking to fill an Energy Service Associate Trainee position. This Trainee will support the Motion Energy Services Team regarding activities related to all assigned accounts. The purpose of this position is to assist in increasing market share and growth by creating value and innovative solutions to our customers’ needs. The training period is no more than 15 months and requires completion of online and satellite classes as well as shadowing Energy Service Associates.
This position will be located in Troy, MI.
- Perform activities related to energy reduction at customers’ facilities
- Assist the Energy Services Team (EST) in locating and reporting on savings opportunities as well as educating customers on steps that can be taken to reduce energy consumption as it relates to the use of compressed air, steam, lighting and motors
- Assist the EST in increasing market share and growth by creating value and innovative solutions to our customers’ needs
- Work with the Motion EST in the field at the customers’ sites to measure and identify all energy savings opportunities
- Write and present custom energy reports
- Create and assist in post assessment implementation plan, track post assessment success and create linkage and success reports identifying common energy savings opportunities for use at other corporate account customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High-level math skills
- Ability to work in variable ambient conditions
- Ability to travel extensively
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software
- Organized with attentive to detail
- Strong planning skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and project management
- Ability to develop original written language and correspondence
- Ability to create innovative approaches to serving and selling customers
- Must be a self-starter with strong work ethic and dedication to completing projects on time
- Ability and willingness to accept additional work hours to complete projects as job requires.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.