- Research and prepare spreadsheets for in Billing and Dispute Resolution of large National Accounts and Internet resellers.
- Handle collections of smaller account balances.
- Provide detail to Customer and National Account Reps as needed.
- Compare pricing files to invoice billings to isolate differences.
- Maintain positive relationship with Customers, Distribution Centers Staff, National Accounts Staff and fellow Team Members.Essential Duties.
- Create and maintain excel Spreadsheets manually and through People Soft NVISION in order to Bill Customers and research skips and other deductions for large National Accounts.
- This may involve thousands of lines of data. Collect past due balances and handle customer service problems smaller customer accounts as needed.
- Maintain well organized electronic research on the Public Server that can be easily navigated to and accessed for years.
- Navigate customer’s web portal to obtain data concerning billings payments and deduction resolution issues.
- Locate and provide copies of invoices, proofs of delivery documents, processed checks, and other documents. Scan and store these documents in an organized fashion so the information will be available as needed for future settlement discussions and post audit challenges.
- Compare pricing files to invoice billed amounts to provide detail dispute pricing debits.
- File essential paper documents for assigned territory.
- Process paperwork for new account applications including ordering credit reports and writing references.
- Maintain positive working relationships with customer’s accounts payable departments, our branch distribution centers and SPR National Accounts Staff.
- Communicate affectively by phone and email.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience:High School diploma with accounts receivable, accounts payable and/or dispute resolution experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- College Degree preferred.
- Language Ability:Ability to read comprehensively, analyze spreadsheets and write concise emails and letter correspondence in order to effectively present information and respond to questions from customer’s account receivable department and our National Accounts Sales Staff.
- Math Ability:Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages.
- Reasoning Ability:Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Computer Skills:Word processing, Excel Spreadsheets, E-mail, imaging system and Client Server based technology.
- PeopleSoft software helpful.
- Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the environment is low to moderate.
- Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand.The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds.
- The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.