The Buyer will execute day-to-day transactions including Purchase Orders. Responsible for ensuring delivery of products and/or services to internal customers (i.e. requisitioners, factories, etc.). In some cases, manages local supplier sourcing & selection, including pricing negotiation and contract management. Responsible for aligning with local business activity and coordinating with Procurement Management structure to drive centralized supply and supplier activities.
- Ensures processes and procedures are performed in a compliant manner (ordering within lead times and minimum order quantities, minimizing stock outs, etc.)
- Manages purchase orders process from requisition to goods receipt in accordance with ERP/MRP and/or customer requirements
- Procures certain goods or services as required by business at the right time and at a competitive price, in the right quantity
- Manages daily systems, processes and procedures governing the end to end process of the procurement of materials from the right suppliers, at the right price, quality and delivery requirements
- Work with suppliers and cross functional team to communicate price changes with appropriate lead times
- Manages all supplier non-conformances and obtain preventive actions
- Provides information and data with regard to procurement activities.
- Proactively monitors, reviews, and optimizes inventory levels
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement
- Provide timely responses to supplier inquiries and actively manage supplier relationship
- Actively participate in supplier evaluations, scorecards and reviews
- Ensures compliance with the 3 quote or 3 quote exemption from process to support indirect or regionally based purchases
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process
- Performs other job-related duties, as required
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with the company’s suppliers in accordance with the ethical code and standards of conduct maintain the highest standard of professionalism
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 3 – 5 year of experience
- Understanding of purchasing methods and inventory management concepts in a distribution environment
- Understanding of logistics, basic accounting principles and warehouse operations
- Understanding of profitability and financial impact of purchasing decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- MS Office, Oracle and/or SAP expertise
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all requirements and responsibilities and as such, is subject to change without notice based on the needs of the business and/or department.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.