Sr. Systems Programmer
Motion Industries is seeking an experienced Systems Programmer to maintain the integrity, performance and availability for all mainframe, Linux and/or AS400 systems software; to install, administer and provide problem resolution support for the mainframe, Linux and/or AS400 system software and third party productivity tools. We are looking for someone in the Dallas, TX area. This position will be from 5:00PM – 2:00 AM and is subject to change based on volume.
Motion Industries offers a competitive benefits package which includes health care coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, vacation and other leave options.
- Configure and deploy upgrades, maintenance, and fixes as needed for WebSphere Application Servers software and all related performance monitoring and administration software on mainframe and/or Linux systems
- Provide support for our Web Infrastructure software on both mainframe and Linux environments
- Troubleshoot and problem determination of WebSphere environment
- Install, configure, and maintain all 3rd party software products
- Provide capacity planning and management for the mainframe and/or Linux systems
- Provide capacity planning and management for all data storage systems
- Identify and ensure documentation of major systems support processes
- Ensure the availability of online transactions processing systems
- Develop and recommend systems software
- Support installation/de-installation of all hardware devices for the mainframe and/or AS400 systems
- Develop, document, implement and maintain disaster recovery procedures
- Keep abreast of the latest technical developments and trends in our mainframe, Linux and/or AS400 systems support, management, administration and performance
- Monitor and tune mainframe and/or AS400 systems to ensure good performance, reliability and availability at the lowest possible cost
- Provide excellent customer service that will support and enhance Company operations
- Maintain key vendor relationships
- Develop and/or maintain internally developed systems software.
- High school diploma or equivalent required – college degree preferred
- Minimum four years experience administering and maintaining z/OS and/or AS400 systems software
- Experience with either z/OS, Linux, AS400, DB2, CICS, WebSphere MQ, Top Secret, and WebSphere Application Server
- Experience with disaster recovery implementations on z/OS
- Should possess strong written and verbal communications skills
- Should possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Will be required to participate in 24 x 7 on-call rotation
- Must read and certify understanding of Motion Industries “Computer Security Ethics and Compliance” on an annual basis.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons