Supply Chain Analyst
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Motion Industries' is looking for a Strategic Supply Chain Analyst to assume ownership and management for a core group of strategic suppliers. This includes all related purchasing as well as managing the relationship and overall supplier performance (includes on-time delivery, product quality, negotiating pricing, and master data integrity). This critical role will help achieve business growth, drive strategic supply chain strategies and efficiently manage key performance indicators. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Convert supplier requisitions and process purchase orders. Includes managing and expediting PO’s as well as effectively managing past due PO’s, using the system tools and reports.
- Acquire accurate purchase order and master data information from suppliers. This may include lead times, MOQ’s, shipping dates, pricing, freight and ETA’s. Update system information in the purchase order, quote master or vendor master as required.
- Cross train to broaden product knowledge, supplier base and specific process requirements to avoid supply chain interruptions.
- Manage RFQ’s for current product lines as well as special requests from internal departments. Mentor interdepartmental personnel in best practices in quoting processes.
- Cultivate supplier partnerships to maximize supplier response when issues arise.
- Responsible for negotiating supplier pricing, terms, discounts and rebates.
- Resolve any supplier discrepancies with accounting, inventory control or shipping and coordinate logistics and freight issues with suppliers and receiving department.
- Improve communication around abnormal trends and variations that may affect our supply chain and review slow and non-moving inventories of position’s suppliers.
- Coordinate new product launches and phase outs with marketing and product managers.
- Develop and implement improved methodologies for sourcing long lead time parts. This will involve managing the procurement of multiple overseas suppliers.
- New supplier sourcing and evaluation to ensure best pricing, quality and performance.
- Review supplier performance including quality, pricing, delivery, quality and any other issues.
- Reconcile supplier returns (MRR and CAR process) to recoup quality issues.
- Visit supplier sites as required and attend supplier on-site meetings.
- Attend work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values in all work aspects.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related business field is required
- 2 years of progressive experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment is preferred.
- Experience in forecasting, inventory management and developing/leading teams is strongly desired
- Ability to handle data-analysis projects and to deal with changing priorities
- Must be able to explain complex functions in simple and understandable language
- Strong reasoning skills including troubleshooting logic flows, drive to produce accurate outputs and excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Requires strong problem solving, project management, data mining and analysis skills
- Knowledge of demand planning and forecasting is preferred. APICS or other forecasting certification a plus.
- Proficiency in ERP software, advanced proficiency in Microsoft office or SQL language and demonstrated ability and experience with systematic problem solving is highly desired.
- Strong mathematics/statistics aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability and experience with systematic problem solving is highly desired. Ability to communicate clearly and network well with internal and external personnel.
- Job requires the ability to work independently, with moderate to minimal supervision required in unusual situations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment and handle multiple tasks and stressful situations
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs