Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Our Shop employees are there to ensure that the quality of the product is perfect before being sent to customers.This means the employees in this position need to work quickly and efficiently to be sure to meet the customer's demands. Since the shop directly impacts the value of our business and our customer satisfaction, it is important for all shop employees to be able to hold each other accountable to ensure everything operates smoothly.
- Status:Full Time
What makes a successful Fabricator? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team player
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Motion Conveyance is widely recognized across the US for the variety and quality of our hose, belting, custom fabrications, on-site belting services, and consumer products. Specializing in the value-added fabrication of belt, hose, and cut & molded products, Motion Conveyance products are used across a wide array of industries and applications. We strive to provide a workplace built on teamwork, comprised of team players who take pride in a job well done while consistently achieving results that exceed our customer’s expectations.
We currently have a rewarding Fabricator opportunity available. This position pays $15-$20.50 per hour to start, depending upon experience-level. New hires with superior performance are eligible for a pay increase within their first year of employment. Employees become eligible for a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision, PTO, and a 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment.
Fabricator roles consist of multiple functions/disciplines necessary to fabricate lightweight and heavy duty industrial and agricultural belts and hoses, including but not limited to: baler production, belt sample cutting, cleating fabrication, custom fabrication, cut rubber parts fabrication, extruder operations, forklift operations, lacing fabrication, material handling, press operations, sidewall fabrication, slitter operations, and splicing fabrication, etc. Job entails long periods of standing in the operations area, which is often cold in the winter and hot in the summer months. Job requires safety footwear and protective eyewear. Successful candidate required to pass pre-employment background and drug screen.
Ability to set up and operate mechanical equipment as well as use power tools and hand tools safely
Ability to use a tape measure and calipers
Sufficient knowledge or experience to perform industrial math and measuring
• Lays out, positions, aligns, and secures parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers and rulers.
• Examines work pieces for defects and measures work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Verifies conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
• Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form and assembles components.
• May position, align, fit and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, follows blueprints and layout specifications, and uses appropriate tools and equipment.
• May weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions. May tack-weld fitted parts together.
• Operates safety equipment and use safe work habits.
• Keeps work area clean.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Studies engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of monitoring gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Read and understand work orders.
• Knowledge of mathematics and its application.
High school diploma/equivalent
Ability to read and understand work orders with instruction
Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. frequently and without assistance
Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. occasionally
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in main units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction, and decimals
Requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and multi-limb coordination. Ability to handle material up to 100 pounds.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs