Sr Cust Serv Rep
Our customer service employees are the face of our team by being the first people our customers interact with. As a member of the customer service team, you will determine which products our customers need to keep their businesses in motion. You'll leverage your deep product knowledge, strong customer service, and adaptability. A role with the customer service team provides opportunities for growth, content learning, and you have an impact on so many companies.
What makes a successful Customer Service employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team player
Customer Service Rep Path to Account Rep
Account Rep Path to Branch Manager
Branch Manager Path to Sales Manager
Sales Manager Path to Division Vice President
Division Vice President End of path
Group Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Under limited supervision, the Senior Customer Service Representative responds to customer inquires and places customer orders to ensure customer expectations are accurately determined and met. This role has in-depth knowledge of the company's products and services. The Senior Customer Service Representative develops and broadens relationships with customers to fully understand needs and wants. This role provides guidance and advice to less experienced Customer Service Representatives.
- Places customer orders via telephone, fax, email, electronic methods, or walk in (counter sales).
- Influences Motion Industries' gross profit through negotiating the sale price and purchase price, within certain parameters.
- May adjust non-contract customer pricing to meet the demands of the customer based on competition, while maximizing the profit for Motion Industries.
- Builds customer relationships to drive repeat business by relating to the customer and drive process improvements.
- Orders items to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained for customers.
- May place orders without approval for orders up to $5,000 per line and $10,000 per purchase order.
- Expedites backorders. May pull inventory and prepare order for shipment to customer.
- Responsible for sourcing products in branch inventory, distribution center inventory or supplier inventory.
- Determines the most cost effective shipping method for customer orders.
- May handle customer returns.
- May be assigned to one customer.
- Provides coaching, guidance, and direction to less experienced Customer Service Representatives.
- Assists less experienced Customer Service Representatives with addressing customer needs, including locating items and resolving problems.
- May be responsible for quality and/or safety in the branch.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responds to complex customer inquires regarding products, provides quotes, and handles order entry.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires a high school diploma or GED
- Five (5) or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and listening.
- Ability to multi-task and time management skills required.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong product knowledge.
- Reliability, organization, and attention to detail required.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- None required.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Carrollton, Kentucky.Explore the Area