Software Engineer – Supply chain technology
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”) founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
The Software Engineer, Supply Chain will be responsible for NAPA’s WMS systems. This individual will be part of the team that supports NAPA Distribution centers across the United States. The individual will take direction from the Manager, works with other Engineers, Senior Engineers, Product Managers to Develop, Configure, Test and Support the Systems.
- Develop software applications based on approved design.
- Perform basic problem resolution analysis and correction.
- Correct system problems as directed by Manager.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and according to specifications.
- Use standard coding techniques to ensure application performance meets requirements.
- Work as part of a team for most projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work a hybrid remote schedule.
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent workexperience
- 2+ years (preferred) of SQL development experience in any Relational Database (DB2, Oracle, SQLServer)
- 2+ years (preferred) of software development or support experience in .NET based applications.
- Understanding of Windows Services, .NET services
- 2+ (preferred) years of software development or support experience in C#
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proven ability to provide strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance.
- Must be flexible and able to change priorities quickly.
- Individual must be a self-starter and capable of working independently as well as part of a team.
- Capable of learning new tools and technologies.
- Familiarity with Manhattan Associates WMOS software or any other WMS system
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community on jobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs