Senior Engineer, Supply Chain Technology
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the senior engineer to support the current 53 NAPA DCs. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
The Senior Software Engineer, Supply Chain will be responsible for NAPA’s WMS systems (JDE and inhouse built Outbound App). This individual will be part of the team that supports NAPA Distribution centers across the United States. The individual will take direction from the Manager, works with other Engineers, Senior Engineers, Product Managers to Develop, Configure, Test and Support the Systems as well as mentor other Engineers.
- Delivery and Execution – Develops, tests, deploys, and maintains software, with a clear understanding of the value the software is to provide; Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm; Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances; Develops test suites (functional, destructive, etc.) to enable success, rapid deployment of code to production; Takes a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
- Learns and Grows – Learns through successful and failed experiment when tackling new problems; Actively seeks ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Plans and Aligns – Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful; Delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences; Works with the Product Team to ensure user stories are developer ready, easy to understand and testable; Collaborates with other team members in agile processes; Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people; Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Supports and Enables – Helps grow junior developers by providing guidance on modern software development frameworks, and leading technical discussions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work a hybrid remote schedule.
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to analyze complex problems associated with modern technologies and provide technical support expertise throughout the supply chain software implementation.
- 2 (5+ preferred) years of SQL development experience in any Relational Database (DB2, Oracle, SQLServer)
- 2 (5+ preferred) years of software development or support experience in .NET based applications.
- Understanding of Windows Services, .NET services
- 2 (5+ preferred) years of software development or support experience in C#
- Actively participate in resolving system issues, diagnosing problems, troubleshooting, and providing technical solutions for Warehouse Management Open Systems. Collaborate with Operations to troubleshoot and optimize operational processes.
- Resolve issues by reviewing application logs and recreating errors and providing fixes.
- High level understanding of WMS concepts
- Familiarity with Manhattan Associates WMOS software or any other WMS system
- Any experience with writing, troubleshooting Integration services.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new systems and new technologies.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community on jobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs