Motion Ai has an opening for a Manager of Engineering. The individual in this role plans, organizes and directs engineering to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Motion Ai brings together the leading high-tech automation solution providers for industrial automation across the United States. Our expertise includes emerging automation technologies with focused disciplines in robotics, motion control, machine vision, digital networking/IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things), industrial framing, pneumatics, and custom mechatronic systems. Motion Ai provides best-in-class engineered systems, products, and services to a variety of industries highlighting a few which include semiconductor, pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, medical, logistics, Food & Beverage, Packaging, automotive, and aerospace.
Motion Ai offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data, and analysis. Plans documentation system.
- Sets design standards for products purchased from suppliers.
- Manages and approves product drawings and specifications.
- Develops relationships with strategic and transactional suppliers. Evaluates various supplier facilities across the world.
- Manages quality lab procedures, processes, and technicians.
- Manages product returns due to quality problems.
- Travels with outside sales people to assist in technical sales functions for the company.
- Works with customers on product improvement and new product development for specific applications.
- Recommends budgets to management, including staff use, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements.
- Manages design engineering activities including product design, system configuration and project management. Manages a team of professional employees.
- Coordinates application engineering activities including pre-sale and post-sale support, product sizing and specification and product training.
- Supports manufacturing and production through process development, process improvement, test development and other quality engineering activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in engineering and (7) or more years of related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Promotes outstanding service to all levels of customer, both internal and external.
- Displays willingness and ability to make critical decisions that are appropriate and effective for the department.
- Performs advanced mathematical calculations, analyzes information, draws conclusions, and makes logical decisions.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Ability to work within all levels of the business, from senior management on through the organization. Focuses on resolving conflict. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting, remains open to new ideas, and embraces change.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: 5-10 Direct Reports
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist