On-Site CSR / Inventory Specialist
Under general supervision, fulfills customer orders accurately and in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction: primary contribution is processing orders for customers and selling Motion Industries’ assets. This position works more than 50% of the time at the customer location. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
*This position will be located at a customer site in Clarksville, TN.
- Fills requests for MRO/Indirect Material in 45K SKU, customer supply room
- Serves as walk-up customer contact for filling material requests
- Conducts, as necessary, any search to locate material within the internal business system, using customer part number, manufacturer part number, commodity type, etc. to identify
- Conducts cycle counts on all MRO/Indirect Material locations
- Investigates discrepancies between physical inventory and system inventory levels, noting and reporting issues that cause system variance
- Performs inventory adjustment, inter-facility transfers, inventory counts. Receives, counts, and verifies incoming shipments
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized work area throughout the facility and common areas
- Operates forklift and/or pallet jack in maintaining inventory position, putting away or delivering material to manufacturing floor
- Promotes the continuous improvement effort, not only including inventory areas but all operational areas
- Adheres to all company SOP’s, GMP’s, procedures, OSHA regulations
- Performs all other duties as assigned that are necessary, required, or directed by management
The preferred candidate should have most or all of these characteristics.
- Meticulous acute attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to discern small differences between material numbers, manufacturer part numbers, sizes, dimensions, measurements, etc.
- Strong customer service background
- Impeccable and professional communication skills with an emphasis on both electronic and face-to-face interactions
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and warehouse inventory software. Experience and proficiency with SAP is a large plus.
- Experience in Inventory Control operations
- General demonstrated mechanical aptitude with an understanding of MRO material and general machine parts
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent relevant job experience
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.