Commercial Sales Specialist
The Sales Specialist is expected to expand sales to customers at all distribution levels for an assigned sales territory and product lines including Autocare. The Sales Specialist will represent multiple manufacturers in selling parts and delivering high level customer service and training while effectively developing new business. Focus on store and dealer training. Must maintain good working knowledge of all products represented.
- Sales out growth in assigned product lines.
- Drives same store sales growth.
- Sales growth in major accounts and AutoCare benchmark lines.
- Attaining monthly dealer call goals (approximately between 60-100 depending on the product line).
- Ensures NAPA Store Team is trained on their product lines.
- Consistently meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, yearly financial targets.
- Provide top-notch customer service, training and communication to all accounts in your territory.
- Build and maintain good relationships with customers at all levels.
- Understand the dealer customer and their needs.
- Effectively work with store management to offer insight and intelligence with respect to their customer’s demands.
- Call on NAPA Stores and their respective customers to drive sales in product lines represented.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all aspects of assigned product lines.
- Provide classroom and/or “in-field” training to stores and customers on assigned product lines.
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales plans detailing concepts and actions necessary to achieve business growth opportunities consistent with the Company’s growth objectives.
- Recommend successful sales programs/strategies aimed to improve the overall effectiveness of the territory, DC, District and/or area business activities.
- Conduct periodic product line reviews to keep management updated on KPIs.
- Attend, organize, and manage key promotional events and trade shows.
- Participate in organized projects by DC sales team to effectively grow sales.
- Utilize technology provided to conduct business in an efficient manner.
- Enter and maintain up-to-date customer data and input it in our sales –iCRM.
- Complete and submit electronic and/or written reports of daily and weekly activities, expenses, competitive activity, account changes, promotions and all administrative functions within assigned territory using company approved methods and technology on or before given due dates.
- Participate with other colleagues in sharing marketing intelligence about product opportunities that will grow sales.
- Always well maintaining all company provided assets.
- Other duties assigned
Experience, Education, and Abilities: (what does a person accepting the position have to bring with them to successfully fulfill the minimum job responsibilities. Include working conditions here as well.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree or equivalent sales experience or successful NAPA experience preferred.
- Understand and demonstrate strong selling skills.
- Any other automotive industry related sales professionals encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of 3 years of successful sales experience with a proven track record required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point skills preferred.
Extensive overnight travel may be required.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons