Operate equipment in the wire/cable preparation department to create processed material kits (wire, labels, tubing, etc.) to be used in final assembly of product. Perform other tasks as required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate automated cutting machines, coilers, wire strippers, wire prep and crimping machines with instruction from team leader to accomplish preparation tasks.
- Operate equipment required for printing labels and cutting/printing tubing.
- Use small hand tools including strippers, pliers, wire cutters, and heat guns to accomplish preparation tasks for cells.
- Sign off 1st piece verification for operations performed by other operators in the Prep area.
- Service requests for prepped material from all areas of the organization.
- Able to identify the appropriate Prep Department equipment to perform required operation.
- Maintain organized and clean work area incompliance with Lean 5S or FOD (Foreign Object Damage) policy.
- Observe EIS/Electro-Wire quality, efficiency and safety requirements.
- Complete all Corporate training requirements.
- Comply with ISO-9001 quality standards.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred
- Ability to effectively read, comprehend and communicate in the English language preferred.
- Differentiate colors (10 standard wire colors).
- Highly skilled in working with team members in a productive manner.
- Proficient in reading a scale; Standard and Metric.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft applications and other third party software.
- Demonstrated understanding of Electro-Wire quality, efficiency and safety requirements.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons