Office Assistant / Receptionist
Braas Company, a division of Motion Industries, is seeking an Office Assistant/ Receptionist to serve as the front line ambassador for BRAAS Company in answering and directing phone calls, greeting and assisting visitors to the Company and providing general office administrative assistance. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Greet visitors and answering the telephone in a courteous, professional manner and routing the calls to the appropriate person or voice-mail box..
- Preparing welcome signs and display as necessary.
- Maintaining the reception area so that it is clean, safe and presentable to visitors.
- Folding and stuffing monthly statements for Accounting and daily invoices in a timely and accurate manner to facilitate the collection of bills.
- Provide administrative assistance to other departments as requested, (Engineering, HR, Literature)
- Providing back-up support for other team members on an as-needed basis.
- File and Fax for the Accounting Department, setting up new vendor folders each month
- Shred documents for Accounting monthly
- Prepare, send and log letters for HR as needed.
- Sorting mail by 10:00 am and posting afternoon mail by 3:30 for daily pick-up
- Folding and stuffing A/P checks in a timely and accurate manner to justify discounts taken.
- Take inventory and order coffee supplies
- Take inventory and order general office supplies.
- Order name plates, badges and headsets for new employee’s.
- Order forms, envelopes, stationary supplies
- Order business cards
- Developing and working an IDP
- Encouraging/demonstrating support within and between departments
- Using all methods of company provided communication tools to maintain a high level of
- interaction with personnel and to keep abreast of company information
- Responding to all communications within a timely manner
- Assisting in identifying and implementing process improvement plans
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two plus years’ multi-line phone experience.
- PC keyboard skills and the ability to think and work under pressure. Demonstrate computer literacy in use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint programs and certain NxTREND modules – or a willingness to learn the use of these tools.
- Strong communication and customer relation skills a must.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.Listen and capture the essence of what is being said.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons