Operates master computer consoles, coordinating backup and processing schedules for national Distribution Centers via phone and performing overnight processing.
Standard Pay Rate: $17.00/hr plus $1.00 Shift Differential
Standard Work Hours: 11:00 pm- 7:00 am
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. This is a 3rd shift position with hours from 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM Monday – Friday. You will need to be flexible enough to be able to work 1st shift with hours from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM Monday – Friday or 2nd shift with hours from 3:00 PM to 11:00 AM Monday – Friday on an as needed basis to cover for those shift’s Computer Operators’ vacation, personal, and sick days.
- Monitor messages and use commands to produce jobs requested with minimal supervision and direction.
- Change laser printer cartridges and load paper as needed to run daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Identify problems and make necessary corrections and/or create detailed descriptions and reports for escalation to Operations or Support personnel. Repair and restart jobs as required.
- Use initiative and independent judgment in identifying, and provide assistance in solving processing issues to minimize Distribution Center downtime and maximize production.
- Mount tapes and tape drives/cartridges and perform preventive maintenance. Maintain and coordinate tape vaulting and archiving.
- Provide preventive maintenance on printing equipment and recommend outside repair to IS Support when necessary.
- Scan Proof of Delivery forms into the document imaging system on a daily basis.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High School diploma and two to three years related experience and/or training.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand walk reach with hands and arms stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.