Assistant Sales Manager (Wilmington MA)
Achieves maximum market penetration, driving market growth, increased sales and profitability by creating a superior customer experience and a culture of employee engagement. Assists in driving new distribution strategic initiative. Manages NAPA program implementation to enable the independent business-owner to increase their market share, profitability and return on investment. Increases sales bench strength through coaching and development of personnel. Provides leadership and establishes a work experience for sales personnel that enable NAPA to be the preferred employer in the community.
- Emloyee Engagement
- D.C. Sales Quota
- Classification Stock Adjustment (MIC)
- Market Share
- Seven Key Sales Drivers
- Net New Distribution
- Executes plans designed to engage employees, energize owners and create superior customer experiences.
- Executes and administers sales plan and metrics, monitors results against plan, and enhances results through adjustments to business plan.
- Initiates regular communication with the Sales Manager on business issues, plans and results.
- Identifies, reviews with management, and gains new customers, owners and revenue opportunities for the territory and implement initiatives to achieve.
- Coaches and manages sales employees to maximize the results of their territory. Holds them accountable to visit all stores, promote new product/pricing, discuss moves/upgrades with stores, and to resolve store issues.
- Coaches and provides owners with the knowledge and tools needed to successfully run and grow their business.
- Involves manufacturing reps in sales planning and initiatives to grow the business.
- Drives growth of Pipeline Plus and AutoCare within territories.
- Drives the achievement of D.C. Sales Quota.
- Addresses sales and service questions, problems and sales opportunities utilizing D.C. and manufacturer resources.
- Motivates team and keep them focused on the company vision, mission and values. Communicates goals and quotas.
- Creates and teaches employees to maintain a workplace that is respectful of the individual and build teamwork.
- Creates a customer-focused team.
- Coaches and develops JSA and Outside Sales personnel.
- Reviews and understands financial and operating reports and information. Recommends actions based on projections to improve performance.
- Manages Classification Store Adjustment (MIC) process and procedures, implements and drives complete utilization.
- Manages the exchange of information, ideas and communications with department personnel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree or equivalent sales experience or successful NAPA experience preferred.
- Understand and demonstrate basic selling skills such as preparing for the sales call, managing the customer/sales meeting, handling customer resistance, closing the sale, and account maintenance.
- Prior experience in a NAPA store or other retail experience in the automotive industry.
- 2+ years experience in a customer focused role.
- Demonstrates professionalism, good judgment and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to communicate, present, and persuade.
- Possesses problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and planning skills, practice time management, meet deadlines and display a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates initiative and take action when appropriate, continuously strive for self-improvement.
- Working Conditions
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.