Apache, Inc. is a division on Motion Industries.
This position safely and effectively follows work orders and/or prints to prepare, strip, step and fill belts; adjust and operate hot vulcanizing presses; and ensure spliced belt products meet quality standards. This position also completes rubber covered lace belts and lagging pulleys.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret fabrication orders and blue prints.
- Locate and gather materials, molds/tooling and supplies needed.
- Load belt onto a table or roll it out on the floor.
- Square belt ends and adhere lace as needed.
- Measure and mark cured or uncured belt by using Apache’s standard steps and angles or ones specified on the print.
- Cut and pry off the cover out and strip out steps.
- Place adhesive, tie gum and breaker cloth as needed in the areas to be spliced and apply pressure.
- Prepare press with proper molds and/or blocking within press to ensure even pressure during operation.
- Set up, adjust and operate various vulcanizing presses for correct pressure, heat and time.
- Complete press production records.
- Tag the product with the work order number and take it to order fulfillment or packaging area.
- Close out orders in the computer system.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area.
- Perform upkeep on tools.
- Remove existing lagging from pulleys, prepare pulley surface, and adhere new lagging.
- Attend work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values in all work aspects.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma/equivalent and sufficient knowledge or experience to perform industrial math and measuring and to read and understand work orders, instructions and prints. Prior belt fabrication experience is highly preferred.
Skills and Abilities
Must be able to set up and operate mechanical equipment as well as use power tools and hand tools safely. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in main units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction, and decimals. Ability to determine and mark angle degrees needed for correct finished product. Skills include active listening, effective verbal and written communicating, monitoring and quality control assessing. A forklift license is helpful.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will utilize all required personal protective equipment and will occasionally work in hot, somewhat noisy conditions where material particles from grinding and other operations may occasionally be present.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, use his/her hands with strength, coordination and precision, kneel to work at floor level, and see details at close range. The employee is occasionally required to bend, reach, push, pull, climb, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and infrequently lift 50-70 pounds.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Apache Inc. reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons