Independent Owner (Jobber) Pricing Manager
The Independent Owner (Jobber) Pricing Manager conducts and documents complex analysis to assist in strategic financial decisions and plays a key role in supporting and developing overall gross profit margins for our independent store owners (Jobbers).
A Day in the life:
- Review Gross Margins versus budgets and forecasts and provide analysis of variances
- Encourage Independent owners (Jobbers) to engage in “best practices” relative to pricing
- Partner with individual Owners (Jobbers) for assigned business areas to drive improved performance of operating companies; and create, monitor and assist with implementation of strategic operating and investment plans
- Work closely with Pricing Management and NAPA Pricing personnel, staying current on pricing trends, processes and strategies for benefit of the Jobbers
- Prepare statistical and written reports that effectively communicate financial performance and suggested actions to Owners
- Train Independent Owners (Jobbers) and others who can work more directly with jobbers (TSM’s, etc.)
- Perform portfolio pricing and profitability analysis to assist in development of price discount recommendations and market price position to achieve sales volume and profit objectives
- Perform option margin analysis and competitive price analysis for the US,
- Become proficient in the use of all pricing applications and analytical tools available through both pricing departments
- Become proficient in the pricing components of both TAMS and RPM
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement and drive implementation efforts
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4 – 7 years of experience in Accounting, Pricing, Finance, Marketing or Economics
- Ability to explain value propositions and help a person understand the benefit of following pricing program.
- Comfortable to work with large amounts of data and to follow process routines
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving/decision-making skills
- Able to establish credibility and build strong relationships
- Strong PC skills, with emphasis on Microsoft Office suite of products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access in particular
- Strong analytical skills, disciplined attention to detail, highly organized and thorough.
- Ability to work independently and conduct analysis of business data, confer with business line leaders, create system documentation, and conduct verbal and written presentations
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Ability to travel one week per month.
And if you have this, even better:
- Knowledge of sales or pricing systems is a plus
- Knowledge of cataloging AND/OR inventory management systems, a plus
- 1-year minimum TAMS custom pricing is a plus
- NAPA Know How
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- Company Culture that works hard yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after reading this, you don’t think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.