IT Project Manager
Motion Industries is seeking a qualified candidate to serve in the IT Department at our Corporate Office in Birmingham, AL as the IT Project Manager – Software Development for overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of project oriented work efforts. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and according to specifications
- Responsible for assembling project plans and work papers, monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, performing quality review and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans when necessary to meet project objectives
- Responsible for adherence to project and business governance standards and methodologies
- Coordinates communication with all project team members and affected business units
- Manages one or more cross-functional projects
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques
- Experience with structured application development and change control methodologies
- Experience with object oriented analysis and design
- good knowledge of database design, programming languages, and coding techniques
- Good understanding of IT organization’s capabilities
- Typically 7 – 10 years IT work experience in software development and/or system design
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience
Motion Industries (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) serves the industrial marketplace with MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Operation) replacement parts and services through a network of 500 locations across North America, Canada and Mexico. Customers have access to over 4.1 million parts from Motion’s extensive line of authorized brands in Bearings, Mechanical Power Transmission, Electrical and Industrial Automation, Hydraulic and Industrial Hose, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Components, Industrial Supplies, and Material Handling.
Beyond parts, Motion Industries provides hands-on-services that are critical to the smooth operation of our customers’ facilities. We are at the forefront of e-business and technology in our industry and we have our own training institute.
As an industry leader, Motion focuses on customer needs, empowers its employees, and invests in inventory and process efficiencies that benefit its customers. Our people, products, and processes make Motion Industries one of the most valued industrial distributors around.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please visit www.motionindustries.com.