Motion Industries is looking for a Machinist who is experienced in operating manual machine equipment such as lathes, milling machines, and horizontal boring equipment. Motion Industries’ Machinists provide the highest levels of mechanical service and product repair to meet the needs of our customers. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
- Manually operate lathes, mills, and keyseaters
- Read and use precision instruments including micrometers
- Experience in manually operating lathes, mills, and keyseaters
- CNC knowledge not required
- Strong math skills
- Ability to read and use precision instruments including micrometers
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Experience with gearboxes, power transmissions, fluid couplings, and belt rollers
- High mechanical intelligence
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Ability to work overtime and weekends
As an industry leader, Motion focuses on customer needs, empowers its employees, and invests in inventory and process efficiencies that benefit its customers. Our people, products and processes make Motion Industries one of the most valued industrial distributors around.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.