IBS-Counter Service Delivery Driver (Retail) WPB
We are seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working Part-time Delivery Driver/Counterperson to join our Metropolitan Sewer District location. You will primarily be focused on picking up parts for our customer at our Distribution Center, helping customers with their auto parts questions and auto parts needs.
Other responsibilities for this position will include:
- Shifting into a high gear and bringing a high energy to our fast-paced store
- Driving throughout the metropolitan area using maps and directions
- Utilizing both manual and automatic transmission vehicles
- Handling cash charge transactions correctly and core/part returns appropriately
- Maintaining a distribution log or tracking system to record all deliveries/pickups made
- Lifting merchandise up to 60 lbs for deliveries
- Helping team members when working with customers or finding auto parts
- Operating a cash register and navigating computer and paper catalog systems
- Steering towards continuous improvement with our in store processes and procedures
The ideal Delivery Driver/Counterperson will have strong Know How of all things automotive, and must also bring a passion for delivering customer care to their job every day.
Other requirements for this position include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive and have fun in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Agility to bend to floor-level shelves and reach to upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary
- Stamina to stand and walk for entire work shift
- Strength to lift 60 lbs of merchandise
- Clear speaking and attentive listening skills
- Motivated to train and learn
- Flexibility in schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.