Automotive Parts Retail Sales Associate
Imagine being able to use your expertise to help our customers succeed and stay safely on the road! NAPA’s Counter Sales role is the ideal position for an energetic person who has a passion for automotive parts, believes in taking care of the customer, and wants to grow with the NAPA team. As a Counter Sales person, you will deliver exceptional NAPA Know How service to our Wholesale customers and help Retail Customers with their auto parts questions, do-it-yourself projects and auto parts needs.
Why NAPA? NAPA delivers quality experience not only to our customers but to our employees, in the form of career growth opportunities, great benefits including 401(k), and a parts discount!
What we need from you:
- Love automotive!
- Passion for retail, serving our customers, and working in a strong team environment
- Customer focus and high energy in our fast-paced stores
- Bringing customer focus and high energy to our fast-paced stores
- Helping other team members when working with customers or finding auto parts
- Operating a cash register and navigating computer and paper catalog systems
- Working towards continuous improvement with our in store processes and procedures
NAPA’s ideal Counter Sales Representative will have strong Know How and experience of all things automotive, and will bring a passion for delivering customer care to the job every day.
Other requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED.
- ASE (P2) parts certification, a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive and have fun in a busy, fast-paced retail environment
- Knowledge of cataloging AND/OR inventory management systems, a plus
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid driver license AND/OR reliable transportation
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Prior experience in the retail industry, preferably an automotive parts department, dealership, jobber or retail establishment.
- Able to work retail hours including weekends and holidays.
- Able to process cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Ability to operate a cash register and navigating computer and paper catalog systems
- Capable of lifting and moving items of up to 45 pounds.
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.