Senior Product Data Manager, Digital Content
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you’re part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
Leads a team of managers and content data analysts who are responsible for data content, processes, supplier communications and analytics initiatives. Oversight on data delivery for Genuine Parts Company subsidiaries including (but not limited to) NAPA U.S., NAPA Canada, and NAPA Mexico. Streamline processes for the integration of new data sets that will allow the look-up and sale of all GPC products.
Communicates regularly with cross-functional teams including suppliers to insure timely and accurate data content delivery. Highly involved in projects with technology development and other teams to refine, adapt, and apply data models. Communicates strategy and direction to define and implement the new business processes and systems impacted by Genuine Parts Company content analytics efforts.
Position Performance Measures:
- Overall data quality
- Manages Business Process Improvement (BPI) initiatives
- Delivery of product content to all required channels
- Sets Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for data delivery
- Reviews data quality scorecards and dashboards in order to meet SLA standards
- Oversees data model for optimal delivery to all specified channels.
- Manages processes for product data from suppliers.
- Reviews data quality scorecards and dashboards in order to meet SLA standards.
- Works closely with Operations teams to insure process continuity and quality.
- Participates in industry events and training to understand trends and competitive position.
- Works closely with Development teams on new initiatives.
- Utilizes discretion and independent judgment as it relates to GPC Suppliers adhering to Data Standards.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with GPC Suppliers from a Product Content perspective in order to protect the Supplier as well as GPC (and downstream customers) from false or inaccurate data that could cause ill-will, liability issues, or potential lost sales.
- Provides analytics to the business management (GPC, NAPA, APG) on the following:
- Missing Coverage
- OE Data Management
- Sister Vehicle Coverage
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word, and have the ability to learn working in the GPC Catalog PIM (Product Information System).
- Must be willing to travel in the United States, Mexico and Canada.
- Be willing to represent the company (GPC) in a professional and courteous manner in all dealings with GPC Suppliers, Employees, and Customers.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 4 year degree in management, business, or comparable
- 5+ years work experience in the automotive sector (retail store, repair shop, manufacturing).
- 4+ years experience in automotive standards “ACES” and “PIES”
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Working knowledge of Stibo STEP content management software a plus.
- Strong abilities in data exploration, data manipulation, and data visualization.
- Automotive enthusiasm a plus.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons