Counter Sales (Full-Time)
Our counter sales employees are responsible and energetic people with great communication skills who have a passion for automotive parts and believe in taking care of the customer. Prior auto parts, automotive, or sales experience is needed. The ability to work in a fast paced environment is a must. We are willing to train the right individual.
- Serve our wholesale customers by phone as well as walk-in retail customers.
- Use our CRM software to analyze customers buying habits and identify sales opportunities.
- Conduct in person visits with wholesale customers to maintain relationships and grow sales.
- Process credit card, cash, and check payments.
- Maintain the showroom area.
- Use multiple resources to locate parts for our customers (e-catalogs, paper catalogs, web etc.).
- Process special orders.
- At least 1 year automotive experience.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a goal orientated and customer focused environment.
- Availability Monday through Friday 8am – 6pm, and Saturday 8am-3pm.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license AND/OR reliable transportation.
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Knowledge of cataloging AND/OR inventory management systems (preferred but not required).
- Bilingual a plus.
- Hourly plus commission.
- Full benefits.
- Bonus for hitting sales goals.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons