Web Application Developer II
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, design, develop, test, implement, analyze & maintain the web based computer applications.
- Participate in the design, documentation, and configuration control of changes applied to .NET applications
- Implement policy and standards relating to the design, creation, security & recovery of web-based applications
- Monitor web development for quality assurance, adherence to procedures & system performance to avoid interruptions of service and to provide quality customer service
- Adhere to project management methodology and standards
- Develop estimates, execute plans & report to management on progress
- Communicate with management staff on a timely & regular basis
- Work with business analysts and technical staff to develop and finalize requirements and deliver technological solutions
- Work with architecture team to develop standards for development and implementation of both internal and customer facing web based applications
- Develop an understanding of S.P. Richards business processes and application systems.
- Consult with users to clarify business requirements and program objectives.
- Write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Participate in the testing process through test script development, unit and system test execution, test review and analysis.
- Test application components to assess whether the solution meets the reliability, performance, capacity, scalability and technical requirements
- Create the required documentation, processes, procedures, and workflows related to new system components to assist with on-going support.
- Write operation instructions and train support personnel
- Provide second tier support within area of expertise
- Conduct code reviews, as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of technologies necessary to deploy and maintain a modern, standards compliant website
- Experience with website architecture and management on Microsoft platforms (experience with Linux is a plus)
- Strong working knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, and MVC5 (PHP and Java a plus)
- Strong working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS
- Experience with responsive frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Experience with web service standards (SOAP, REST) using WCF, Web API, or MVC
- Understanding of common web/network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
- Comfortable using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Familiarity using source control with TFS and/or Git.
- Previous experience with order management systems a plus.
- In depth knowledge of SOA concepts and architecture
- Working knowledge of testing and quality assurance concepts
- Ability and desire to write specifications using pre-written templates
- Ability and desire to write test scripts using pre-written templates
- Ability to record and log all modifications performed to the system
- Ability to test for, diagnose and fix defects
- Ability to render accurate estimates
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to learn new technologies as needed
- Understanding of legacy systems and data
- Excellent time management skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or equivalent education and work experience.
- 5 years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS
- Recent HTML5 development experience
- 4 years minimum experience with MVC frameworks
- 3 year minimum experience with XML
- 3 year minimum experience working with databases such as MS SQL or Oracle
- 8 years minimum experience in a technical field
- Participated in full life cycle development including design, development, implementation, documentation, training, and on-going support for enterprise level applications
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages. Understanding of basic algebra.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to organize and prioritize.
Knowledge of Web Development tools
Knowledge of SQL and/or Oracle
Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Windows Server
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons