Manufacturing Manager – Seals Unlimited
This collaborative leader plans, directs and manages all Seals Unlimited plant/warehouse operations with overall responsibilities for production, order filling, shipping and receiving by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors and non-supervisory direct reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage plant activities through planning with departmental leads/supervisors to ensure manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner, following established processes and procedures and ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Supervise the planning and coordination of plant departments to ensure plant operations’ performance measures are met.
- Oversee plant projects, establish priorities and control use of resources to accomplish strategic initiatives.
- Monitor labor and other resource requirements/usage and production schedules and report to Company management.
- Prepare and/or review production and order filling reports and resolve operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over plant capital, operating expenditures and labor.
- Ensure established procedures and approved processes are followed to meet production and quality standards and are documented.
- Oversee preventative maintenance and logistics programs.
- Incorporate plant floor organization, waste reduction, safe work practices and cleanliness throughout the plant to advance effective improvement mindsets among plant employees.
- Ensure the Health and Safety Program is followed. Consider safety throughout the operation a top priority. Work with the safety committee and be responsible for training and education of employees in the area of safety and hazardous materials.
- Communicate with all departments and levels in the Company for work flow and resource coordination of projects, product development and revisions, and customer satisfaction.
- Establish and sustain effective relationships in order to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation are used to solve problems.
- Implement lean manufacturing concepts for measurable waste and lead time reductions.
- Seek, determine and implement ways to improve production efficiency and asset and resource utilization (e.g. design production aids).
- Provide technical expertise and transfer knowledge to other members of the operations.
- Assist in identifying and conducting operations training endeavors.
- Support estimating department on pricing matrixes and complex projects.
- Communicate daily with all departments.
- Attend work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values in all work aspects.
Manage 2-3 Supervisors and 2-3 Production Leads who supervise 30-45 employees in Molding, Extrusion, Cut Rubber Parts, Splicing and Shipping & Receiving. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include workforce planning; training/ensuring effective training on a variety of topics; communicating expectations and objectively assessing employees through informal and formal means (e.g. regular feedback, performance appraisals); managing performance through rewards, coaching and progressive discipline; aligning departments/individuals to Company objectives through goal setting, monitoring, and regular feedback; planning, assigning and directing work; screening, interviewing and selecting staff; reviewing time sheets, determining schedule/overtime needs and approving or denying leave requests; sustaining positive employee relations by considering suggestions and handling employee conflicts, disputes, and complaints fairly and timely; keeping appropriate documentation; communicating, interpreting and ensuring adherence to policies/procedures; recommending compensation changes, promotions, or terminations; and ensuring all employees are working in a safe manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field or five years related plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven track record in Rubber Manufacturing preferred.
Skills and Abilities
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to analyze information and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of manufacturing software; spreadsheet software and word processing software. Will have a thorough knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, process improvement, and warehouse methods. Must have strong leadership skills with strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently and accountably and inspire high team performance. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations. Must be available by cell phone during off-hours.
The working environment will range from office setting to manufacturing floor where there is some dirt, dust, fumes or airborne particle exposure; heat in summer months, cool in winter months; noise from machines (under decibels required for hearing conservation program, except in hydraulics room); and exposure to equipment with moving mechanical parts. Infrequent overnight travel for customer or vendor visits, training, meetings or trade shows is expected.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, or use hands to handle, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Apache Inc. reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons