SPR Sales Representative
The Account Manager is responsible for managing profitable revenue growth within an assigned base of reseller accounts and prospects. Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: Establishing and maintaining productive working relationships at all levels within assigned dealer and prospect organizations. New business development is essential to the success of the Account Manager.
Standard Work Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Consultatively advising assigned dealers regarding S.P. Richards’s products and services in order to positively impact dealers’ business performance.
- Implementing S.P. Richards’s programs within the assigned dealer base.
- Providing customer training and education.
- Insuring assigned dealers are receiving effective service by (a) serving as a liaison between dealer personnel and S.P. Richards Operations personnel and (b) proactively addressing potential service issues likely to compromise dealer satisfaction with S.P. Richards
- The Account Manager reports to the General Manager, and takes direction from the Division Vice President. Account Managers must establish effective working relationships with local branch and HQ personnel, and actively engage the involvement of other support personnel as appropriate to meet dealer needs.
- Account Managers are responsible for meeting an assigned sales quota.
- Completes required reports on territory activities.
- Manages expenses within S.P. Richards’s guidelines.
- Compensation includes a company car, competitive base salary, and incentive compensation, with significant upside earning potential based on performance. Base pay is negotiable with experience.
- Our most successful Account Managers earn low six figure incomes.
Genuine Parts Company, S.P. Richards Company’s parent, has been rated one of America’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine, which noted our Innovations, Financial Soundness, Employee Talent, Social Responsibility, Quality of Products and Services, Use of Corporate Assets, Quality Management and Long-Term Investment Value.S.P. Richards Company employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits program as part of Genuine Parts Company.WE HAVE STRINGENT DRIVING STANDARDS REQUIRED FOR ALL POTENTIAL HIRES DRIVING COMPANY VEHICLES.Reporting to the Director of Sales for () Region and taking direction from the General Manager of the ( ) Distribution Center, this Account Manager will be responsible for acquiring, retaining, and growing assigned accounts and prospects. Standard work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.All candidates considered for the Account Manager position will demonstrate the following: Self-direction, initiative, and the ability to work effectively under minimum supervision A reputation for integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness A strong work ethic A potential for future promotion into management Intelligence, and the ability to learn quickly Willingness to travel up to 25+% and very favorable personal and professional referencesIn addition, preference will be given to candidates with the following characteristics: Experience in the office products industry Experience in a channel management role within a wholesale distribution environment Business-to-business sales experience Demonstrated expertise and success in providing consultative business solutions to an assigned customer base and a college degree. WE HAVE STRINGENT DRIVING STANDARDS REQUIRED FOR ALL POTENTIAL HIRES DRIVING COMPANY VEHICLES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment/SafetyLanguage Ability:Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Math Ability:Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability:Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
- Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit use hands and fingers to handle, or feel reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand.The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds.
- The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons