IT Manager, Network Support
The Manager of Network Support will be responsible for support and administration of the GPC Enterprise Network. Direct supervision of a team of Network Support Engineers that provide level 2 and 3 support for complex network and security problems. This team also handles inbound routine Service Requests for simple network changes and Move/Add/Change activities. This position will be central to providing status updates and reporting to all customers, internal and external on areas of direct responsibility.
- Provide management for a team of Network Support staff that is responsible for health and uptime of all elements of the enterprise network
- Checking Logs and Monitoring Tools for real time network health reporting
- Timely, effective communication of network issues to appropriate affected customers, including postmortem updates once issues have been resolved
- Maintaining effective documentation and updating as changes are identified
- Analyze and prioritize problems as they arise
- Identified reoccurring and potential problems, recommending and implementing process/controls and documents for prevention
- Provide all levels of support on network issues, production scheduling issues, and product application issues
- Coordinate complex Network and Security changes and requests with the Network Engineering team
- Provide effective staff development process to identify talent and opportunities for improvement to build a stronger Network Team for GPC
- Works on problems of a complex nature where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Regularly recommends process/procedures modifications to reduce user problems and enhance user satisfaction
- BS in Information Systems, CS, or related area of studies, or 4-7 years of equivalent work experience
- Ability to manage and accomplish complex tasks through directing the efforts of others
- Working experience with Cisco and IOS including configuration and troubleshooting.
- Familiar with various network technologies, services, and protocols that are typical of a large enterprise network including BGP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, and QoS
- Knowledge of carrier based technologies such as TDM, MPLS, SONET and OC level circuits
- Experience with Wireless Control Systems, Access Point, and 802.1x, PKI, EAP, TLS technologies
- Prior experience with Security technologies including Cisco ASA,FTD, Cisco IPS
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent organization skills including the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to manage people of different personalities and temperaments, keeping all focused on departmental goals and moving towards successful completion
- Mentoring and guiding the career growth of resources on the team
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.