IT EDI Developer/Analyst
The Developer/Analyst focuses on providing new features and functionality to the APG IT business organization. The role requires analysis, design, coding and testing of various business applications including JD Edwards Distribution & Financials, EDI and custom iSeries developed applications and interfaces to various processes and systems.
Additionally, the Developer/Analyst works with the business users, project managers, and others within the APG IT organization to ensure all aspects of the tasks and/or projects are completed based on business and functional requirements.
This position requires the qualified candidate to be innovative and creative in solving complex problems and work in an environment where requirements may continually evolve, while still maintaining adherence to APG IT standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for work efforts to achieve the following:
- Analyze requirements, functional design, and architectural design documents to determine coding needed or work under the direction of a more senior developer
- Develops technical developer work package, including, flowcharts, diagrams, and/or write pseudo code to illustrate sequence of steps and describe logical operations
- Develop/modify code, develop unit tests, and conduct unit test as per test plans
- Participate in project team meetings and test plan walk throughs
- Provide estimates for completion of each Developer Work package
- Designs, creates, and maintains unit test plans and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications. track defects from code reviews and testing
- Manages work to meet specified due dates
- Proactive in providing status updates on tasks and projects to team members
- Experienced with SDLC methodologies including Waterfall, Scrum, Iterative, Agile
Accountable for client relationship with internal business customers, peers, management team and measured on the following competencies:
- Customer focused to develop solutions that conform to architecture framework and strategy
- Agile and flexible to accommodate changes in business
- Practice active listening, exhibits good listening skills
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Results oriented, deliver tasks and projects on time
- Works with energy and enthusiasm; shows a passion for the business and/or role
- Should be a self-starter and be able to work independently
- Must create a positive work environment
- Must be respectful of others
- Works well in team environment, shares information, and participates in activities to achieve department objectives
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High level proficiency in advanced IBM iSeries design and development utilizing RPG, SQL, PDM, SDA, DB2
- Five years’ experience with knowledge of Distribution, Financials, Sales, Forecasting and EDI.
- Three years’ experience with JD Edwards World Distribution and Financials packages.
- Three years’ experience in MS Office products (word, excel, ppt, visio, etc.)
- No direct supervisory responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional office with cubicles, business casual
- Desk work
- Public speaking/presenting
- Video Conferencing
- Must be able to work on a schedule that includes nights, weekends or holidays when required to address escalated issues.
The physical demands typically associated with the Work Environment and Essential Duties are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working with multiple disparate external source systems
- Knowledge of Manhattan I/O product
- Knowledge and use of IBM RSE product
- Experience with Aldon CMS (Change Management)
- Use of ServiceNow (Help Desk/Support)
- Experience with Clarity (Project Management tool, Time reporting)
- Experience with Profound Logic (iSeries Web based development product)
- MBA, MS Computer Science degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.