Summer Sales Intern
Motion Industries’ employees provide the highest levels of customer service. Whether introducing new products and service solutions, demonstrating the differentiating competencies, or opening and developing new accounts, we cater to the needs of our customers to keep their industry in motion. Our Sales Intern position assists with all aspects of providing customer service at the branch level including warehousing, shipping, counter sales, phone sales, order processing, and on site sales calls.
- Assist with work processes in each department while being exposed to all branch functions
- Observe and interact with branch personnel to understand the details and reason for the company distribution process
- Take product training as available
- Represent Motion Industries in a professional manner
- Take required safety training and learn to remain safety focused while working
- Present a written summary prior to the last week of the internship describing the internship experience and including suggestions for program development.
- College student with focus on a technical Business or Industrial Distribution degree
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills especially in Microsoft Office
- Good driving record.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.