The Sales Trainee position allows the trainee to prepare for a role as an Account (Sales) Representative or a Customer Service (Sales) Representative. The training period is no more than 15 months. During this period, the Sales Trainee shadows account representatives and customer service representatives to gain experience in sales, company product lines, as well as customer base. Additionally, the Trainee works in the branch’s warehouse to become familiar with shipping and receiving, inventory and delivery functions. The Trainee also participates in various online and satellite class settings that are conducted by the company’s Training Department. These classes include, but are not limited to: product, sales, and leadership training.
Motion offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare covereage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
- Train in all levels of a branch including, but not limited to: inside sales (customer service representative), outside sales (account representative), inventory, delivery, warehouse, and clerical
- Participate and succeed in company sponsored training classes
- Develop competent presentation skills.
- Customer service oriented
- Achievement oriented and self motivated
- Proactive people skills
- Possess leadership qualities
- Effective communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Able to follow through on tasks
- Moderate computer skills, including communicating internally and externally via email
- Good driving record required
- Willing to travel on occasion
As an industry leader, Motion focuses on customer needs, empowers its employees, and invests in inventory and process efficiencies that benefit its customers. Our people, products and processes make Motion Industries one of the most valued industrial distributors around.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.