Senior Content Data Analyst – Heavy Duty
Supports company catalog data analytics initiatives which support all Genuine Parts Company Catalog Look-Up applications for HVPD/Traction Canada and HVPG/Traction US Heavy Duty products. Supports the integration of new data sets that will allow the look-up and sale of all products. Collaborates with technology development and project teams to refine, adapt, and apply data models. Works with business representatives to define and implement the new business processes and systems impacted by GPC Catalog analytics efforts. Monitors and maintains all catalog data aspects of a GPC sku.
The primary duties and responsibilities of a Senior Content Data Analyst are listed, but not limited to the following:
- Oversees content translation & review from-and-to Canadian French and US English
- Analyze vehicle application data provided by GPC Suppliers by ensuring the validity and accuracy of data – specializing in Heavy Duty vehicle products.
- Use their own discretion and independent judgment as it relates to GPC Suppliers adhering to GPC Data Standards.
- Responsible for rejection of GPC Supplier data in cases where:
- Data does not adhere to GPC Standards
- Data presents a liability to GPC, stores, or their customers.
- Data presents a risk in lost sales to GPC, stores or their customers.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with GPC Suppliers from a GPC Catalog content perspective in order to protect the Supplier as well as GPC (and downstream customers) from false or inaccurate data that could cause ill-will, liability issues, or potential lost sales.
- Creates Manufacturers Product Class Codes (MPCC or Part Type Descriptions) using information from the GPC Supplier and/or using their own creative initiative based upon automotive taxonomy.
- Creates and validates product attributes and ensures that product attributes follow the GPC Attribute Standards.
- Ensures that product attributes that are common between multiple GPC Suppliers are the same.
- Provides analytics to GPC business management on the following:
- Missing Coverage
- OE Data Management
- Sister Vehicle Coverage
- Responsible for coverage analysis between Premium and Value product lines to ensure no sales are lost for GPC due to missing application data in either product line.
- Ensures that duplicate and/or overpopulation of GPC Suppliers application data does not occur which could result in an impact on sales for GPC or it customers.
- Responsible for validating GPC Supplier Interchange data and ensuring that new Interchange data is provided every 60 days.
- Responsible for the management of the GPC Discrepancy Policy with GPC Suppliers, where applicable.
- Validates discrepancies received from stores and customers.
- Communicates discrepancies to appropriate GPC Supplier.
- Manages response time from GPC Supplier.
- Determines when a GPC Supplier has fulfilled the response requirement of providing corrected application data.
- Determines fines to be levied as outlined in the GPC Discrepancy Policies.
- Where applicable, ensures that GPC Suppliers follow the GPC Paper Catalog Standards and has the responsibility of representing GPC pursuant to a GPC Supplier not following the GPC Paper Catalog Standards.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word, and have the ability to learn working in the GPC Catalog PIM (Product Information System).
- Must be willing to travel in the United States and Canada.
- Be willing to represent GPC in a professional and courteous manner in all dealings with GPC Suppliers, Employees of GPC, and Customers of GPC.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Minimum High School Education
- 2 years or more of College a plus.
- Fluent in understanding, speaking and writing US English, with Canadian French a plus
- 2+ years work experience in the Heavy Duty Vehicle sector (retail store, repair shop, manufacturing).
- Knowledge of automotive standards “ACES” and “PIES”
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and Access, with strong emphasis on Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Filtering, Formulas, etc.)
- Strong analytical abilities in data exploration, data manipulation, and data visualization.
- Heavy Duty/Automotive enthusiasm a plus.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.