Executive Management Trainee
We are looking for great talent for our NAPA Executive Management Trainees (EMT) program. Our EMT program is an 18-month dynamic training program with a history of several past EMT program graduates serving in key leadership roles with NAPA.
The ideal NAPA EMT candidate.
NAPA is truly so much more than just a parts store and we need great talent from many backgrounds, not just automotive to join our team! We are looking for those with a Bachelor.s Degree or higher with a genuine interest in business management and preferably 1 to 2 years of work experience in a related field.
The EMT Program at a glance:
This is a tremendous opportunity to begin a supportive and structured 18 month career training program that will provide exposure to major parts of our business: Distribution/Inventory, Store Operations, Finance, Human Resources, and Sales. What a great way to learn the business while discovering and designing a career with NAPA! Graduates from the program typically move into a front line management role in Operations, Sales, or a District. Coaches are assigned to ensure EMT’s are involved in all critical aspects of the NAPA business.
Highlight of the Program:
A true highlight of the NAPA EMT program is a final Capstone presentation to NAPA’s senior executive team. How cool and unique is that!
What you’ll need:
- You have or will soon have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Sales experience in a retail OR wholesale environment, desired
- Passion for delivering customer care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- One to three years of work experience
- Tech savvy; Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
As an EMT, here is a snapshot of the 18 month program:
The NAPA Executive Management Trainee program is designed to offer high potential future leaders the opportunity to gain exposure to all area of the Automotive Parts Group business. It is an 18 month program which launches in classes of 10 – 12 trainees two times a year. The program is split into 3 phases:
Phase I . The NAPA Store
- Store Management
- Inventory Management
- Wholesale and Retail Sales
- Managing People
- Receiving and Stocking
- Customer Service
- Financial Management
- Phase II . The NAPA Distribution Center and Sales Function
- Stockroom Management
- Procurement/Supply Chain
- General Operations
- Human Resources
- Customer Management
- General Management
- Phase III . Capstone Project
- A unique opportunity to use the skills and competencies learned to deliver a business solution to help drive the company’s future growth. This phase includes Project Management Training, focused business acumen and Presentation Skills training.
How we support you in the EMT role:
While the program is largely designed to be self-managed, EMTs are assigned a coach at their location who is responsible for partnering with them throughout their program. The EMT is provided with a comprehensive list of business processes, experiences and training that the trainee must participate in or have exposure to throughout the course of the 18 months. EMT and Coach establish a monthly plan to ensure that the EMT is involved in all critical aspects of our business, and oftentimes EMTs are pulled into projects and special assignments that inevitably boost their learning. EMTs begin their program in a 3 day session at Headquarters and come back during the program for a full week of Leadership and Headquarter functions training, and their Capstone project launch and report out.
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a family feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after reading this, you don’t think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.