Position Mission: To professionally represent the Automotive Parts Group and NAPA to our wholesale customers. This is a sales-orientated position with focus on growth of sales and profits for company-owned NAPA Auto Parts stores. Having developed a full understanding of NAPA programs, is responsible for presenting and selling the programs to all potential customers. Communicate monthly wholesale strategy to all store personnel in assigned territory. The success of the SalesPro (Non-Comm) is measured by the sales and profit results of the assigned store
Experience, Education, and Abilities: (what does a person accepting the position have to bring with them to successfully fulfill the minimum job responsibilities. Include working conditions here as well.)
* Prior experience in a NAPA store or other retail experience in the automotive industry
* 2+ years experience in a customer focused role.
* High school diploma required, 2 or more years college preferred.
* Understand and demonstrate basic selling skills such as preparing for the sales call, managing the customer meeting, handling customer resistance, closing the sale, and account maintenance.
* Demonstrates professionalism, good judgment and a strong work ethic.
* Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service.
* Be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing part numbers and line codes to ensure proper selection and delivery of parts, including identifying sequences of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
* Have a well-groomed, neat appearance, complying with NAPA policies on conduct and dress.
* Be functionally literate and visually capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers, including identifying sequences of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
* Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
* Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
* Able to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and able to reach upper shelves (ten feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.