Payroll Associate/Office Clerk – Part Time, Wilkinson Blvd.
NAPA Auto Parts is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Payroll/Office Assistant to join our team. The Payroll Assistant provides comprehensive administrative support to daily operations of human resources ensuring the efficient delivery of salary payments, salary adjustments, and the accuracy of employee data records. This is a part-time, no benefits position, averaging 25-30 hours per week. Payroll experience is required. Peoplesoft and Kronos experience is preferred. Must be able to create and maintain spreadsheets.
- Prepares and posts job advertisements, screens applications, arranges interviews, participates in selection process, and administers pre-employment tests as required.
- Provides general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, composing regular correspondence, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy, tracking deadlines, and taking down minutes as needed.
- Prepares source documentation needed for new hires, or effective changes in pay, status, or benefits.
- Establishes, maintains and controls personnel, employees, recruitment relations records, files, correspondence, reports, and organization charts.
- Manages sensitive and confidential matters like personnel relations, employee relations, and organizational changes, planning and protecting the security of information, data and files.
- Responds to and puts through various queries from managers and employees, and from other agencies or departments.
- Interprets, assists and advises employees and managers regarding cooperative agreement applications, leave management and benefit administration, and HR procedures and policies within the specified guidelines.
- Conducts research, gathers data and statistical reports, and maintains statistical information.
- Coordinates volunteer and staff training events or programs and recommends resources, as needed.
- Administers and monitors new hire orientation programs.
- Resolves issues and inquires in the event of the HR Manager’s absence.
- Administers driving and criminal record checks.
- Maintains and monitors records of exempt employee benefits and salary.
- Ensures employee files are updated by submitting changes in employee status in timely manner.
- Ensures effective reception or proper approvals on forms and enter changes in the system.
- Prepares paperwork needed to create new employee profile and to place new employee on payroll.
- Provides assistance in hiring process activities such as posting jobs on job board or website, reviewing applications and maintaining a spreadsheet on tracking an applicant.
- Maintains employee directory and company organization charts.
- Provides assistance in monitoring employee performance appraisal process.
- Interacts with and supplies information to employees, department heads, and job applicants.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 years + of general office / clerical experience.
- 2+ years of payroll/bookkeeping experience
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate reports.
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets.
- Should be an effectual communicator verbally as well as through writing skills.
- Should be committed to diversity and equality culture.
- Ability to operate under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- 1+ years of experience with Kronos and PeopleSoft preferred
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.