Commercial Paint Sales Professional
NAPA Auto Parts is seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working Automotive Paint Professional to join our rapidly growing Auto Parts Team. This is the ideal position for knowledgeable and energetic people who have a passion for automotive parts and believe in the power of teamwork and superior customer care.
As a NAPA Paint Professional, you will primarily be focused on helping commercial customers with their paint related needs.
- Calling on collision repair shops in the Chicagoland market to supply their paint and body needs.Get a charge out of helping customers with their auto parts questions, do-it- yourself projects and auto parts needs
- Opening, managing and servicing their commercial accounts.
- Working with in-store team to sell paint and body supplies.
- Will excel as the go-to parts person.
- Are driven to share their knowledge about auto part features, benefits and warranty info with customers and co-workers.
- Can manage highly technical questions and use a thorough understanding of automotive systems, NAPA products, performance standards, sales programs and operating policies.
- Are comfortable navigating with NAPA catalogs, price sheets, quick reference guides, interchange listings, illustrated parts guides, numerical listings, technical tips,and installation instructions.
- Will shift into high gear in our fast-paced retail stores to help team members.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
* Requires completion of a high school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education.
* Must be able to read, understand written/verbal instructions, and communicate to other team members.
* Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards.
* Must be able to pass a background check.
* Must be able to work in a drug free atmosphere.
* Ability to work with computer scanning equipment.
* Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
* Must be able to work both independently and in a Team environment.
* Must be able to have basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors and customers).
* Ability to lift / carry by hand freight weighing up to 60 pounds several times a week.
* Able to push/pull up to 300 lbs using mechanical aids, such as hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
* Ability to bend, twist, squat, climb, push and pull and move at a quick speed of pace.
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.