Call Center Manager
The Call Center Manager will manage and work with a team of Call Center Representatives. This manager will work directly with the Customer Service Representative on scheduling, attendance and ongoing workflow for the department. Manager will communicate regularly with the Director of Customer Service along with other departments within the Balkamp organization, DC Service Centers – managers and staff. This position will be involved in all facets of Customer Service, requiring an excellent ability to develop and maintain strong vendor and customer relationships. Equally important will be strong internal communication and collaboration skills.
- Report and communicate effectively across the organization.
- Effectively manage customer issues, working directly with suppliers and/or other departments as necessary to resolve problems.
- Provide ongoing feedback to Customer Service Representatives regarding performance (both positive and negative).
- Identify communication gaps and effectively work to eliminate them by monitoring phone and e-mails in Que.
- Move Customer Service Representatives according to workloads within ques by creating reports to monitor and creating changes where needed.
- Assist with calls/customers as needed.
- Manage Customer Service Representative Schedule’s on a daily basis for arrival, breaks, lunch and departure as well as vacation and personal time usage.
- Identify and execute on process improvement plans to continually enhance top levels and efficiencies of the Customer Service Department.
- Efficiently work and manage assigned project tasks to meet established objectives.
- Regularly work with other departments, experts, vendors, customers, etc., both internal and external to the company, as necessary.
- Escalate issues appropriately with respect to business impact.
- Display patience with vendors and/or customers who make demands.
- Listen non-defensively and be open to constructive criticism; ask questions to clarify concerns.
- Confront difficult situations; maintains objectivity and keeps emotions under control in stressful situations.
- Create a clear definition of work to be delivered; ensure that delivery meets the given timeframe.
- Maintain files on each representative pertaining to attendance, production and reviews.
- Maintain open lines of communication to help foster a partnership.
- All other duties assigned by the Director of Customer Service.
- Degree in Business preferred, or 5+ years of equivalent experience required working various business functions.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience required working in a client relationship management role; experience in automotive aftermarket preferred.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment while remaining organized.
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish diversified work objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent external and internal customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
In late 1935, the NAPA member companies decided to form their own company to "re-package" parts manufactured by others. The new company would purchase from various manufacturers and redistribute to NAPA warehouses, thus developing NAPA’s own private purchasing company.
The NAPA Board of Directors formed the Balkamp Manufacturing Corporation on March 11, 1936 with an initial investment of less than $50,000. The company took its name from the names of two of its early managers, John Baldwin and his assistant, Bob Leerkamp.
Balkamp had humble beginnings. With only three employees, the company operated out of 1,000 square feet on the second floor of a small building on Capital Avenue in Indianapolis.
By the end of its first five years, the employee count grew to 18 and the operation grew to 8,000 square feet in size. Balkamp (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) has NAPA product Distribution Centers located in Plainfield, Indiana and Salt Lake City, Utah. These strategically placed operations serve all NAPA Distribution Centers, all 6000 auto part stores, and UAP Distibution Centers in Canada. Balkamp can ship to each NAPA DC in less than 48 hours from order receipt to delivery. In addition, Balkamp ships to 17 DC’s twice a week.
The success Balkamp has had since 1936 has come from a strong team effort between the employees and the suppliers. Working together, they are able to provide the best possible service to Balkamp customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.