The role of the Pricing Administrator is to support the Pricing Team in all aspects of the pricing function. The Pricing Administrator must develop and maintain strong working relationships with Pricing Managers, Category Managers, Sourcing Managers, Purchasing Managers, the BK HQ Accounting Team as well as our counterparts at NAPA HQ and suppliers.
The duties and responsibilities listed should not be considered all inclusive. Current work hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (M-F)
- Generate New Price File on a monthly basis.
- Maintain the email@example.com inbox.
- Creation and maintenance of price sheets.
- Coordinate cost changes, maintain cost/price change logs, generate price analyses and validate competitive pricing data.
- Verify, load and maintain NAPA price approval data.
- Ensure suppliers are in compliance with the Balkamp Pricing Policy.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word), Internet search tools and web-site navigation. Applicants may be required to take MS Excel proficiency testing.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and financial modeling skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish diversified work objectives.
- Ability to interact across all functions, business units and organization levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent external and internal customer service skills.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Knowledge of automotive aftermarket.
- Experience with DPS, DMP and AS/400 query.
In late 1935, the NAPA member companies decided to form their own company to "re-package" parts manufactured by others. The new company would purchase from various manufacturers and redistribute to NAPA warehouses, thus developing NAPA’s own private purchasing company.
The NAPA Board of Directors formed the Balkamp Manufacturing Corporation on March 11, 1936 with an initial investment of less than $50,000. The company took its name from the names of two of its early managers, John Baldwin and his assistant, Bob Leerkamp.
Balkamp had humble beginnings. With only three employees, the company operated out of 1,000 square feet on the second floor of a small building on Capital Avenue in Indianapolis.
By the end of its first five years, the employee count grew to 18 and the operation grew to 8,000 square feet in size. Balkamp (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) has NAPA product Distribution Centers located in Plainfield, Indiana and Salt Lake City, Utah. These strategically placed operations serve all NAPA Distribution Centers, all 6000 auto part stores, and UAP Distibution Centers in Canada. Balkamp can ship to each NAPA DC in less than 48 hours from order receipt to delivery. In addition, Balkamp ships to 17 DC’s twice a week.
The success Balkamp has had since 1936 has come from a strong team effort between the employees and the suppliers. Working together, they are able to provide the best possible service to Balkamp customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.