Senior Analyst – Marco Floor Space
Our Retail Team is expanding and we are hiring for a Senior Analyst for Macro Floor Space. We are looking for someone who knows how to utilize the best-in -class space optimization techniques for retail floor plans and product placements.
This person will analyze the impact of space planning on our bottom line through analysis and make recommendations for future improvements.
An ideal candidate has 2-4 years of related work experience in a complex data environment.
- Leads the development of all Floor Plans – specifically, the allocation of category (planogram) space on a floor plan;
- Work conducted in line with demanding schedules for new, relocation and reset stores;
- Develop end to end floor planning processes and work flows;
- Champion of Floor Planning system (JDA Floor Planning);
- Ensures all floor plans are completed on time and with accuracy;
- Maintains the ‘generic flow’ and category ‘adjacency’ plan for the business;
- Collaborates with Category Managers and Planogram Planners to reach optimal merchandise placement
- Derives and analyzes performance data and applies space optimization techniques to deliver superior financial return from all floor plans and associated reporting.
- Governs business rules regarding adjacencies and store flow.
- Forecasts financial performance including gross margin return on space (GMROS), gross margin return on inventory (GMROI), and stock turns.
- Extracts performance data and monitors progress post implementation on key metrics. Communicates findings and makes recommendations to improve financial performance.
- Ensures product and store set up complies with policies relating to safety including dangerous goods adjacencies, effective lifting heights and fixture integrit
- 2-4 years of related work experience in a complex data environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business required.
- High level financial acumen combined with a demonstrated ability in developing financial reports pertaining to space usage in both planograms and floor plans.
- Experience ideally with JDA suite of space planning products and specifically Floor Planning or space optimization software.
- Experience working in either a high volume retail or consumer goods environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software preferred.
- Understand trade-offs and be prepared to justify all decision making.
- Ability to understand the link between financial, operational, and customer tradeoffs.
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, such as database management, VLOOKUPs and Pivot Tables.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Work performed in a typical office environment.
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.