BALKAMP has an immediate opening for a Sourcing Manager. The Sourcing Department is looking for a high-energy; results oriented sourcing manager to assume responsibility for sourcing and managing our worldwide shipping supply portfolio. The Sourcing Manager will be involved in all phases of sourcing which will require the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, create competitive environments, creatively negotiate, generate contracts and manage delivery of optimal solutions.
- Provide input to plans and strategies for the business unit, department or project to satisfy internal clients
- Make recommendations/provide input to the determination of financial goals of the business unit or department
- Identify ways to reduce costs to better focus on creating greater efficiencies, economies of scale or better quality resources for a project or the team, department or business unit
- Coordinate work efforts and projects of others to ensure integration and completion of work against department expectations by monitoring, assessing, and resolving variances in budget, timing or quality of work
- Determine priorities for one’s area of accountability to create clarity about focus while ensuring work is completed effectively and efficiently
- Ensure priorities are handled effectively by modifying plans and actions in your own area of accountability
- Renegotiate, renew and discontinue suppler contracts
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply and exploit emerging opportunities that may benefit Balkamp
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning by using industry cost models
- Review and approve comprehensive list of suppliers for bid processes developed by analyzing the industry to best understand trends and competitive positioning in order to ensure system activation of the best possible supply base
- Develop negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement based on contract terms and conditions
- Provide product and service expertise to geographic associates to build network participation and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Business or Marketing, or Supply Chain
- Minimum 3-5 years strategic sourcing experience preferred, Automotive Aftermarket preferred. NAPA experience a plus but not a requirement
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Strong writing, communication, presentation, negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion
- Must be able to work under specific, defined, and narrow time constraints
- Track record of creating effective cross-functional partnerships and working effectively through multiple levels of an organization while building effective relationships externally
- Proficient in Microsoft products and other applications
In late 1935, the NAPA member companies decided to form their own company to "re-package" parts manufactured by others. The new company would purchase from various manufacturers and redistribute to NAPA warehouses, thus developing NAPA’s own private purchasing company.
The NAPA Board of Directors formed the Balkamp Manufacturing Corporation on March 11, 1936 with an initial investment of less than $50,000. The company took its name from the names of two of its early managers, John Baldwin and his assistant, Bob Leerkamp.
Balkamp had humble beginnings. With only three employees, the company operated out of 1,000 square feet on the second floor of a small building on Capital Avenue in Indianapolis.
By the end of its first five years, the employee count grew to 18 and the operation grew to 8,000 square feet in size. Balkamp (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) has NAPA product Distribution Centers located in Plainfield, Indiana and Salt Lake City, Utah. These strategically placed operations serve all NAPA Distribution Centers, all 6000 auto part stores, and UAP Distibution Centers in Canada. Balkamp can ship to each NAPA DC in less than 48 hours from order receipt to delivery. In addition, Balkamp ships to 17 DC’s twice a week.
The success Balkamp has had since 1936 has come from a strong team effort between the employees and the suppliers. Working together, they are able to provide the best possible service to Balkamp customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.