Are you passionate about retail and giving customers a "wow" experience in a customer friendly retail store setting? Do you want to be a part of a Fortune 250 Company that is focused on being the leader of changing the Customer Retail Experience in 2016 and in the future? If your answers are yes, then a Retail Space Analyst role with NAPA may be the perfect opportunity for you! We are looking for someone who is passionate about developing retail shelf plans and planograms that drive our store success and customer experience.
- Develop and design effective shelf planograms in line with the category review schedule. Update all shelf planograms with unscheduled changes and communicates changes to the network. Updates fixture library with changes relating to planogram development. Manages all associated point of sales requirements by planogram.
- Grow retail sales and gross profit for space and inventory and increase sales and gross profit returns from retail floor plans.
- Models expected financial performance including gross margin return on space (GMROS), gross margin return on inventory (GMROI), and stock turns. Extracts performance data and monitors progress-post implementation on key metrics. Communicates findings to management and makes recommendations to improve financial performance.
- Implements display quantities that optimize shelf availability and focuses on customer centricity. Optimizes case pack sizes to minimize back of store inventory.
- Arranges aesthetic pleasing planogram based on category and customer decision tree including layout flows, blocking, and segmenting.
- Reviews all planogram changes with integrity checklist to ensure compliance. Confirms all items used in planogram are available and ordered before issuing new planogram designs. Approves new planogram models and communicates information to network.
- Develops floor plan in line with the re-set and impact store programs. Updates all floor planning decisions into AutoCAD.
- Derives and analyzes performance data to determine the best use of linear space. Makes recommendations to the product team regarding grade cuts and core ranges based on fiscal data.
- Develops floor plans within the re-set and impact store guidelines. Updates and saves floor planning decisions into AutoCAD database.
- Establishes and follows laws and rules regarding safety elements including dangerous goods adjacencies, effective lifting heights, fixture integrity requirements, and interior graphics.
- Manages pick slot assignments in distribution centers, removing unnecessary SKU duplications.
- Experience working with space planning products (JDA is ideal).
- Experience working in a high volume retail or consumer goods environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite and intermediate skills with Excel, such as database management, vlookups, and pivot tables.
- Ability to understand the link between financial, operational, and customer tradeoffs.
- High level of financial acumen and demonstrated ability in developing financial reports pertaining to space usage in both planograms and floor plans.
- Strong communications and influencing skills.
- Ability to publicly speak in training environments.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for independent judgment and successful outcomes.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- 2 years of retail experience creating or designing planograms.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to travel less than 5% of the time
- Experience working with space planning products such as JDA is ideal
We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.