Human Resources Manager Buffalo, NY
Williamsville, New York
Are you looking to make a huge impact and touch all facets of HR with a fast paced and dynamic HR department If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you as a Human Resources Manager. This is the perfect opportunity for you if you:
Love multitasking in all lanes of HR and making an impact on all parts of HR
- Enjoy being the go to person for just about everything when it comes to daily operations of an HR department and having the answers
- Are totally customer centric when it comes to providing effective HR Management to with all levels of employees
- Passion and understanding of being in a key leadership role that touches so many parts of a business
A Day in the life:
- Responsible for the employees and employment practices for the Distribution Center and company-owned NAPA stores.
- Increase bench strength through recruiting, coaching and development of personnel.
- Provide leadership, and establish a work experience that enables NAPA to be the preferred employer in the community
- Partner with the General Manager, District Manager, Sales Manager and Operations Manager to ensure the short term and longer-term talent needed to successfully meet business priorities
- Conducts and directs new employee orientation process to ensure employee is able to quickly perform their job.
- Demands high standards in performance management, employee coaching, discipline documentation, and terminations.
- Executes, manages and administers company programs and training.
- Coordinates and leads Employee Involvement, Safety, and annual benefit meetings.
- Coaches managers on effective employee management, employee retention, and employee recognition and development techniques.
- Manages compliance with company, federal, state and local policies and regulations related to employment, compensation, safety, workers compensation and security for the DC and company owned stores.
- Manages the employee separation process and collects/analyzes data to enhance the employee experience.
What you'll need:
- A four-year Human Resources or business related degree preferred, or 5 years of equivalent Human Resources experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR) a plus
- Super savvy - Microsoft Office
- 1-2 years payroll administration experience
- Entirely customer-centric (internal/external) and able to develop and sustain effective relationships with key people both inside and outside of operation business.
- PeopleSoft and Kronos experience preferred.
- Entirely customer-centric (internal/external)
- Knowledge of payroll and employee relations
- And if you have this, even better:
- SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR)
- 3-5 years experience managing the Human Resources function for 100 -300 employees preferred
- Tech savviness. You have the strong ability to navigate through various software programs and social media platforms.
- Background in Recruiting/Staffing.
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
Outstanding health benefits and 401K
Stable company. Fortune 200 with a family feel
Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after reading this, you don't think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist