West Monroe, Louisiana
Under direct supervision, the Service Technician repairs, services, and builds standard
and custom systems for hydraulic, fluid power, electrical, and mechanical systems.
• Performs maintenance on assigned customer products that come through the service shop.
• Disassembles, cleans, and inspects system components for repair.
• Diagnoses system components and recommends a solution to the customer.
• Prepares job form listing parts and works necessary to perform the repair.
• Designs, fabricates, machines, and welds parts and components.
• Repairs hydraulic, fluid power, electrical, and mechanical systems. and other related items.
• Assembles new and repaired equipment.
• Tests repaired equipment for performance and prepares for shipment or long-term storage.
• Assist customers by answering specific technical questions to help the customer understand the work to be done.
• May provide quotes or take customer orders.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a high school diploma or GED.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Ability to read hydraulic schematics.
• Strong communication skills required.
• Basic mechanical knowledge.
• Ability to operate shop equipment safely.
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment with minimal supervision.
• Push/pull up to 100 pounds
• Lift/carry up to 100 pounds
• Lift bulky objects
• Neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, reach and lift, ladder climb and carry, crawling.
• Working conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
• Ability to work overtime and weekends.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: Valid Driver's License.
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: No
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare
coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in West Monroe, Louisiana.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs